Polk County in Iowa
- Des Moines in Polk County
Robert D. Scott
Robert “Bob” D. Scott
1000 Blk, E. 12th Street
Des Moines, IA
Police Case # 1996-22677
May 30, 1996
Robert D. Scott, a 43-year-old Des Moines cab driver, was killed on duty May 30, 1996, while driving his taxi in the 1000 block of East 12th Street.
Scott is one of thousands of taxi drivers memorialized on the Taxi-Library website’s Taxi Driver Memoriam List, and one of nine Iowans slain. Six of Iowa’s nine cases remain unsolved.
The full list of Iowa taxi-drivers killed on duty includes:
- William (Crip) Hamilton, killed Aug. 21, 1921, in Centerville
- Thaddeus William Mitchell, killed Dec. 7, 1922, in Des Moines (unsolved)
- George James Massouris, killed Nov. 18, 1950, in Council Bluffs (unsolved)
- Leon E. Groves, killed Dec. 22, 1951, in Des Moines (unsolved)
- Larry Allen Elliott, killed Jan. 20, 1983, in Council Bluffs
- Matthew Pusateri, killed Nov. 12, 1988, in Cedar Rapids (unsolved)
- Robert Scott, killed May 1, 1996, in Des Moines (unsolved)
- Richard Dankert, killed March 25, 2009, in Cedar Rapids
- Cathy Boyle Stickley, 54, robbed and stabbed April 29, 2011, in Cedar Rapids (unsolved)
About Robert “Bob” Scott
Robert Scott was born May 27, 1953.
He was laid to rest at Glenwood Cemetery in Des Moines.
Courtesy photo Katie Lou, findagrave.com
Robert “Bob” Scott is buried in Glendale Cemetery in Des Moines.
If you have any information about Robert Scott’s unsolved murder please contact the Des Moines Police Department at 515-283-4864.