Adrian Reuwsaat (Courtesy Sioux City Police Department)
Adrian Charles Reuwsaat
Adrian Charles Reuwsaat
Age at Report:
January 28, 1933
Missing From: Sioux City, IA
Investigating Agency: Sioux City Police Department
NamUs MP #:
Date Last Seen Alive:
November 1, 2002
Date Reported Missing:
November 3, 2002
Adrian Charles Reuwsaat, 69, was reported missing to the Sioux City Police Department in Sioux City, Iowa, on November 3, 2002, and foul play has long been suspected in his disappearance.
He was last seen alive Nov. 1, 2002, wearing a blue jean coat, a green sweatshirt and blue jean pants.
Woodbury County in Iowa
Sioux City in Woodbury County
Officials described Reuwsaat as a 5-foot-8 white male with black hair, blue eyes, and weighing approximately 190 pounds.
Reuwsaat drove a 1991 red Nissan pickup truck.
Sioux City police list his incident type as “Involuntary disappearance,” meaning a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating the disappearance was not voluntary — i.e., an abduction or kidnapping.
About Adrian Reuwsaat
Adrian Charles Reuwsaat was born Jan. 28, 1933, in Nishnabotny Township, Crawford County, Iowa, to Henry Carl and Viola Alma Christina (Schade) Reuwsaat.
He was last seen alive Nov. 1, 2002, in Sioux City, Iowa, and is considered deceased as the result of foul play.
If you have any information about Adrian Reuwsaat’s unsolved disappearance, please contact the Sioux City Police Department at 712-279-6353.
- Sioux City Police Department
- Iowa Department of Public Safety Missing Person Information Clearinghouse
- National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
- “United States Social Security Death Index,” database, FamilySearch, Adrian C Reuwsaat, 01 Nov 2002; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
- Tributes.com, Adrian C. Reuwsaat
- “United States Public Records, 1970-2009,” database, FamilySearch, Adrian C Reuwsaat, Residence, Sioux City, Iowa, United States; a third party aggregator of publicly available information.
- “United States, GenealogyBank Obituaries, 1980-2014,” database with images, FamilySearch, Adrian Reuwsaat in entry for Viola Alma Christina Reuwsaat, Iowa, United States, 11 Jul 2008; from “Recent Newspaper Obituaries (1977 – Today),” database, GenealogyBank.com https://www.genealogybank.com/ : 2014); citing Denison Bulletin & Review, born-digital text.
- “United States Census, 1940,” database with images, FamilySearch, Adrain Rauwsaat in household of Henry C Rauwsaat, Ward 1, Denison, Denison Township, Crawford, Iowa, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 24-4, sheet 3A, family 59, Sixteenth Census of the United States, 1940, NARA digital publication T627. Records of the Bureau of the Census, 1790 – 2007, RG 29. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 2012, roll 1152.
- “Iowa, County Births, 1880-1935,” database, FamilySearch, Adrain [sic] Charles Reuwsaat, 28 Jan 1933; citing Township, Crawford, Iowa, United States; county district courts, Iowa; FHL microfilm 1,514,205.