Woodbury County in Iowa
Unidentified White Male
Description: White male, 33-53 years of age, approximately 5’6″ tall
Details: Skeletonized remains found 08/30/88 in a roadside ditch 1/2 mile east of Correctionville in Woodbury County
Cause of Death: Unknown
Est. DOD: 1971-1973
On August 30, 1988, the skeletonized remains of a white male — 33 to 53 years of age, were found in a roadside ditch east of Correctionville, Iowa, in Woodbury County.
The victim’s clothing included:
- One short sleeved plain colored shirt with button down collar. No markings were found on this item. This shirt was made of a light weight fabric.
- One short sleeved white or pale yellow shirt of a broadcloth type fabric.
- One red, white and black plaid long sleeved shirt (pictured). The characters “SL51″ were stenciled in the center of the neck band. This shirt also had a button down collar.
- Three pairs of socks-one black pair, one brown pair and the remains of one pair of unknown color.
- The remains of one pair of shoes. The soles of the shoes had the characters “7′ DE” and “675″ molded on the surface.
- One pair of light weight black dress type gloves.
- One baseball type cap which was black in color.
- One blue double insulated baseball cap.
The victim’s possessions included:
- Black plastic wallet with imprint design and plastic metal clasp coin purse.
- Shaving materials consisting of two razors, styptic pencil and shaving brush contained in a gym bag (pictured).
- A tobacco can (pictured).
Cause of death is unknown; estimated date of death is considered to be some time between 1971 and 1973.
If you have any information about this victim please contact the Woodbury County Sheriff’s Department at 712-279-6010.
Other questions and comments may be addressed to:
Missing Person Information Clearinghouse
Division of Criminal Investigation
215 East 7th St.
Des Moines, Iowa 50319