Robert Clary (courtesy Clinton Herald)
Robert M. Clary
Robert M. Clary
419 1/2 14th Avenue S.
DCI Case # 82-05190
September 29, 1982
Case information provided by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and Clinton Police Department
- Clinton County in Iowa
Clinton in Clinton County
Robert M. Clary was found dead on the floor of his Clinton, Iowa trailer on September 29, 1982.
The 48-year-old Clary, who resided at 419-1/2 14th Avenue South, had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest.
The Clinton Police Department and the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) investigated his murder.
When the DCI established a Cold Case Unit in 2009, Clary’s case was one of approximately 150 listed on the Cold Case Unit’s website as those the DCI hoped to solve using latest advancements in DNA technology.
Although federal grant funding for the DCI Cold Case Unit was exhausted in December 2011, the DCI continues to assign agents to investigate cold cases as new leads develop or as technological advances allow for additional forensic testing of original evidence.
The DCI remains committed to the resolution of Iowa’s cold cases and will continue to work diligently with local law enforcement partners to bring the perpetrators of these crimes to justice for the victims and their families.
Robert Clary’s unsolved murder is under the jurisdiction of the Clinton Police Department, where Clary’s files are maintained, (Ret.) Clinton police Captain Randy Meier told Iowa Cold Cases on June 3, 2014. Meier served as commander for the department’s Criminal Investigations Division.
Courtesy photo Michael Kearney, findagrave.com
- Robert Clary was buried at Calvary Cemetery in Clinton.
About Robert M. Clary
Robert M. Clary was born in Clinton, Iowa on June 6, 1934, to Kenneth and Carmella Clary.
He served as a Specialist 3rd Class with the US Army during the Korean Conflict.
He was buried at Calvary Cemetery in Clinton, Clinton County, Iowa.
If you have any information regarding Robert Clary’s unsolved murder please contact the Clinton Police Department at (563) 243-1458 or the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation at (515) 725-6010.
- Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, former Cold Case Unit, November 25, 2009
- (Ret.) Captain Randy Meier, Clinton Police Department Commander of Criminal Investigations Division, correspondence to Iowa Cold Cases, June 3, 2014
- Clinton Police Department
- Robert M. Clary (1934 – 1982) – Find A Grave Memorial
- RootsWeb’s WorldConnect Project — Robert Clary, wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com
- Person Details for Robert Clary, “United States Social Security Death Index” — FamilySearch.org
- Person Details for Robert M. Clary, “United States Public Records, 1970-2009″ — FamilySearch.org
- Person Details for Robert Clary in household of Kenneth Clary, “United States Census, 1940″ — FamilySearch.org